Google

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Deuce

Oh how I knew there would be backlash. And backlash there was. I thought it would have been worse though. But I stick by my thoughts.

I suck at proof reading.

While it won't make me look any better, I need to add one thing that I was 100% positive I added before That journal was edited a few times). I don't by any means condone his actions. Murder is wrong pure and simple. Doesn't matter what way you slice it. Murder is wrong. I don't condone his actions at all, but I still feel bad for him because I have been in that position....except for the whole getting ready to shoot up a school thing. Never ever had that go into my mind. Wished a couple times I would be able to beat the shit out of the ass holes just to make it all stop. But to even have the capability to go as far as he did. I would never have that inside me. At least I don't think I would. Scratch that. Anything is possible. Anyone is capable of anything. The setting just has to be right. The mood has to be right. And the right buttons need to be pushed in the right order.

There is a movie called "The Believer". I wasn't a big fan of it. But there was quote from it (I can't find). But it basically said you can't hate something until you understand it.

I am going to use the same principle. You can't possibly start to understand what emotions he has went through until you have experienced the things he has.

And as I said. IT didn't say bullying was a direct reason for him committing the mass murder. It didn't even say it was a reason. It simply said he was bullied, made fun of and teased. Here is one link. Here is another.

Hell, this doesn't just have to do with VT. It deals with any school. That shit shouldn't be tolerated. And it can prevent shootings from happening. I don't know if it's me being desensitised or not. But I have never felt bad for people I don't know. I could here about people dieing in a train crash or a car accident, anything. The only time I ever could feel emotional about a tradegy that took someone I didn't know is if someone close to me is some sort of way knew that person. That I could feel an emotional attachment. But damn it, when it's a school shooting. (Once again, any school shooting, I only felt attachment to VT once I heard he was bullied), I immediately feel sorry for the shooters when I find out they are bullied. Sure you can say..."That doesn't justify murder". And your right it doesn't. So lets look at it from another view. What justifies bullying? The excuse I heard was my allergies. That justifies making someone else's life miserable? Really? Does it? Why does it take blood shed to end something?

Can anyone answer that for me? Just five simple questions. Two from both sides. Two from the cause side and two from the effect side. One for the wrap up question.

Cause
What justifies bullying?
What justifies making someones life miserable?


Effect
What justifies murder?
What justifies ending human life?


What can be done about both?


Don't turn this around. Answer the questions.

No comments: