Google

Friday, April 20, 2007

New Tallest Building & VT Shooting

I happened to be on the Yahoo news site to see that headline. I decide to lick on it.

It's here by the way.

Basically it says Chicago will have the two tallest building in the nation.

This is what surprised me though.

It would also top New York's 1,776-foot Freedom Tower, under construction at the former World Trade Center site.



Does anyone else see this as a bad idea? I mean, I don't know the logic behind it, but I would imagine it's something like "We want to show the terrorists we are not scared". Personally I thought ground zero was going to stay the way it was as a memorial. But I to hear they are rebuilding to "Freedom Tower" of all things. To me that just sounds like an invitation for someone to get past airport security again to nail the place again.

Speaking on big news events. The VT shooting.

First I do not condone his actions.

Cho's family apologized to all the family's of the victims. I think that might be a first, first time I have ever heard about something like that happening. I am now awaiting the apologies from the victims family's of various school shootings for bullying the killer causing the killer to snap and shoot up the school. It's really a shame that bullying isn't handled in a stronger manor then it is now. Maybe the bullies should spend some time in jail. Does it seem harsh to maybe put an eight year old in Juvy for bullying another eight year old? Yeah it does. But if it prevented that bullied eight year old from going into school the next time and killing his/her classmates it wouldn't seem so harsh at all. So once again. Seem harsh? Maybe, but what if it could prevent a school shooting? I mean, when it happens after graduation it's called harassment correct?

Honestly after I read Cho was bullied (Although I didn't read that was a direct cause) I felt more sorry for him then I did for the victims. Maybe it from being bullied in school and living with praying every damn night in hopes of having a good the following day. A good day by the way being one where I went to school and wasn't picked on.

And is it a good thing or bad thing that Cho might have done more for the Virgina economy then Michigan Governor Jennifer Grandholm has done for the Michigan economy? I mean he created 33 new jobs. Four of them are teaching jobs. Plus all the officers called in and the EMT's. Although I admit I am confused on how he managed to shoot up two areas roughly two miles apart (Providing I heard the correct info), I didn't care to read up on the matter more though. Grandholm on the other hand......well I hear some other states (I am thinking Missouri or Wyoming) are finding a lot of people from Michigan there. Don't worry people, I have no idea how she managed to get reelected as Governor along with Stabenow, but rest assure, Grandholm will not be president of the US ever. She's Canadian.

There. Done with my more serious journal. So think about this as you stop reading the journal. Next time you encounter someone in the real world. Maybe say "Hi". It might take them out of a shitty mood. Maybe ask them how they are doing. Might do the same. But next time you ever are about to make fun of someone, doesn't matter who. Ask yourself this one question. If not throwing out the insult prevented a shooting or a world wide tragedy, would it be worth it? We shouldn't be learning lessons the hard way. It shouldn't take mass blood shed for people to be nicer to each other. Lets stop the "shouldn't". Lets make it a "won't". It won't take mass blood shed get people to be nicer to one another.

And I am still waiting for the apology's from the family's of the victims for helping the shooter snap.

R.I.P. Seung-Hui Cho. Someone has to show some compassion toward you. And I have no problem being the person to do it.

No comments: